The Irish Drift Championship is delighted to announce a partnership with Achilles Radial for the 2017 season.
Achilles Tires USA and DK Developments are proud to announce their support of the IDC and BDC championships for 2017. Achilles and DK believes IDC to be one of the best championships in the world, and are delighted to be involved in a much more significant way this season. We view this as a great opportunity of expanding the brand further in the drifting world and feel we have the right product to provide our drivers with what they need for a championship challenge.
“We are proud to be announce Tomas Kiely, Adrian Walsh and the Galvin brothers return as our factory supported drivers for the 2017 season, and look forward to seeing them put it all out on the track this year.”
“We also have some great opportunities for drivers to join our support program and have the chance to win a trip to Ebisu, Japan for a drift experience of a lifetime in November 2017.”
“I’ve been to Ebisu in Japan a few times myself and it’s truly a special place for anyone that drifts, said DK Development CEO, Dean Kearney. It has tracks for any level of driver from “school course” to jumping your car at the famous off camber wall of “Minami.” I don’t think there’s a driver on the grid that doesn’t know about Ebisu and would like to go there sometime. So we have been working hard with IDC and Achilles over the winter months to come up with a way of getting someone a chance to drive at Ebisu. To that end, we came up with this fantastic prize called the “Achilles Championship” – not limited to just the PRO but also including the ProAm class, too. Look forward to seen you all in Mondello.”
Rules are simple see below and feel free to message us on the DK Developments Facebook page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ronan at +353 87 960 1767.
A drift experience of a lifetime for the top finisher of IDC – “Achilles Championship” will be a trip to Japan for 5 days to drift the world-famous Ebisu circuits (for 3days)
Supplied RHD drift/missile car
20 Achilles radial each
Winner will be responsible for
1)Not purposely crashing/wrecking the car
2)Track entry every day ($80ish)
3)Fuel for the drift car.
4)Keeping it running (should they damage it or run into mechanical issues)
5)His/her beer and food money.
6)Financially take care of themselves 2days in Tokyo sightseeing with the group, etc.
Rules are simple:
1) It doesn’t matter if you’re PRO or Pro-AM, it’s the driver from IDC that has the most championship point after the final round. If it’s tied after the last event it will go on a count back format most wins if still tied most 2nd places and so on. If it still can’t be separated it will go on Qualifying results over the season. This competition will EXCLUDE FACTORY SUPPORTED DRIVERS.
2) You must run Achilles branding on your race car. 1 sticker both sides 14″x6″ and four stickers on the corners of the front and rear bumper 7″x3″ (these will be supplied by DK Developments).
3) You must run Achilles tires purchased from DK Developments on the rear at least for EVERY round of the championship in 2017 and no other tire will be tolerated. Using another brand on a IDC or BDC weekend will have you automatically eliminated from this competition no exceptions.
4) If a competitor has to borrow a car in a hurry to compete the tire rule still applies that they have to be on Achilles Radial while in the borrowed car NO EXCEPTIONS.
5) If a borrowed car is used and has conflicting tire branding it must be removed or covered up completely NO EXCEPTIONS.
6) Achilles Radial patch must be visible on the breast of the drivers driving suit (this will be supplied by DK Developments).
7) Achilles branding must stay on the car regardless of what events you’re doing until 31st of December 2017